Look for what you need to find

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Another change in Book. Another Responce.

Again, I am reading a different book. This one is called "The Lost World" by Michael Crichton and I am sure that you are familiar with it. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, I will give you a hint, the second Jurassic Park movie. Now, you are familiar with the characters, correct? Now, in "The Lost World", the actual Jurassic Park incident, has passed. You now have an island that is completely infested with dinosaurs, without anyone knowing about (for you moviegoers, the movie is indeed different from the book [imagine that!]). One of the main characters, which I am not getting into right now, is called Levine. This guys is a dinosaur genius, and he has been investigating this Lost World. This guys is a total nut. He had taken a trip to this island before, legally, and then, he snuck back on. The Costa Rican government was trying to prevent people from getting on the island. But Levine, and Thorn, and everyone else who wants to get on the island, do it anyway. But who's perspective do you think is missing here? There is a reason why the government won't let people on that island without permission. Think about it, if you were in charge of an entire country that is run by tourism, would you want people freaking out that there were strange things that were going on? You need to do what you need to do, correct? The obstacle isn't always the bad guy. Maybe, they're doing what they have to do. Is is possible that the government of Costa Rica are missing in this book?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Elias- Nice blog post, although one thing. I don't really understand why Levine and Thorn want to get on the island of dinosaurs. Obviously the government doesn't want them there because they might spreead rumors about the dinosaurs and cause a panic, but what are they really looking for,money riches,fame? What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That made me wonder. I don't know if you've read the book or not, but no. That struck me as interesting, but, that was one thing that they weren't after. The reason that they were originally on the island was to see if the dinosaurs actually existed or not. Once they knew, they had to get off. Of course, they ran into some problems on the way. After first, when I read this, it puzzled me. Surely there must have been some "bad guy" that could ruin the plan entirely. Then, we heard of Dodgeson. He and his group were after the fame and power. Makes you think huh? Here you have these scientists that are extremely modest, and then some punk guy that has known of dinosaurs for a while and he's trying to get the riches.
    Makes you think about the differences in human minds. Michael Chriton (or at least that is how I think you spell his name) writes realistically. And he really showed a difference of opinion. Nice point though.

    ReplyDelete