Look for what you need to find
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Entry 1. 9/21/10
I have noticed that I have been taking notes on unexpected things in the book. I have been surprised in the book a couple of times and I have thought about that. For ex. on page 87, when Templeton is not there at the meeting. I thought that was unexpected. I would have thought that he would be there to cause trouble at the meeting, or mess things up, but in fact, he wasn't there at all. Why would he not be there? Why did White not want Templeton there? Also on page 87 and that continues on page 88 all of these animals are suggesting things that Charlotte should write in her web. But what happened to all of the animals? Not so long ago in the book, they were looking at each other in disgust when ever Wilber did anything, and now all of sudden, they are suggesting compliments that a lot of other people are going to see? Did time pass so quickly that all of a sudden they are in favor of him? I think that is a writing style of Whites. He makes time pass so quickly, the reader barely notices, and the story, and the characters completely change. I found it interesting that he writes like that. A lot of other books move on in days, or weeks. But he goes in months, weeks, and moves the story along, and makes it realistic. Because it's true. No matter what books say, I do not think that characters can make decisions, fight battles, or do anything they can do in a day! But White moves time along and allows the story to progress. I like that writing style.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment