Look for what you need to find
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
When I felt that Resistance ( I really never do)
I am reading the a Star Wars book called "Dark Force Rising". Now, this guy, Grand Admiral Thrawn, has taken over the Empire. You know the bad guys? Well, since the Emperor and Darth Vader are dead, he acts like them. So he has this powerful bodyguard that does not fear shedding blood. So one day the Star Destroyer that the Grand Admiral is in, comes across Luke Skywalker's X-Wing. With him in it of course. Now when they activated the tractor beam that was supposed to pull Luke's ship in, he "bounced". Escaped them. So Thrawn goes down to the guy who controls the tractor beam and asks him what happened. He says that he was not "properly trained". So Thrawn looks at the trainer. And asks him why. The guy made some excuse that Thrawn did not like, and so the Grand Admiral's bodyguard, Rukka, kills him in one quick move. The character who you're in the mind of turns away, but the narrator describes the scream, and lots of other lovley stuff that I didn't stick around for. So that was something that got me turning away in my book. I think it's interesting that all of a sudden, the author is describing a death. When the story goes to Luke, he always has him killing people quick and over with, and then he moves on. So the fact that, that was the first time in book that happened, I didn't really think I should hang out in that small section, because I did not know what to expect. So that's when I felt it all right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ellias this is a very good blog post. It describves your feelings on the book and gives us a summary of what is happening. Since we have to do the first blog post for the fourth quater, some stuff that I think you can do is;make the post alitle longer,tewll us more about the current state of the universe,tell us more of the diolauge,talk more about your feelings on this,and quesyion the readers upinion on this subject.
ReplyDelete