For now, I've been in kind of a reading mess, so I will just elaborate on one book. The Andromeda Strain, is one of the best books I have ever read. If you have not read it before, it is about of group of scientist that are trying to get rid of this alien microorganism that has arrived as a disease. This is a very deadly disease that has been killed an entire town. Some of the main characters are Jeremy Stone, Mark Hall, and Peter Leavitt.
Now when they are trying to find a way to cure Andromeda, it is in a "classified government facility". Have you ever wondered why? I have. Why are all of the labs hidden away? Why can't we see them? The logical and most typical thing one could say is that it is dangerous in case of contamination. But has that ever stopped people before. Take the testing of one bomb for instance. It was near a city, and whoever those guys were had scientists calculate how big the bomb explosion would be. It turned out, that it was four times bigger than they expected it to be. People in the city were bombarded with the aftermath of it, radiation, there were people coming down with cancers. So that hasn't stopped people before.
My point is, is that the people of high power, are very secretive. They hide things from the public, who they don't have any idea what is going on, or is lead to believe the wrong thing. It is human nature to hide things, more specifically the truth, from others. But like points have said in movies, sometimes, doing that, could hurt a lot more than just saying it from the beginning. Why so secretive? When this point is usually mentioned, sometimes people think Area 51! Or that specific warehouse were apparently the government hides things. That is not my point. It is that sometimes, people are better off knowing.
And of course during the book, no one had any idea what was going on when random people were going crazy. And the government knew. And didn't tell anyone. Huh. It's something to think about.
Hey man, just wanted to comment that the gov't needs to be secretive for national security reasons. But you need to...
ReplyDelete1. Stop asking so many open ended questions
2. Put more of your own thoughts and less retell
3. Don't give away to much of the story
You know what!? Never mind. I need retell in order to e- wait a minute. Let me see. Hmmm.... Okay then. Yes, that's good.
ReplyDeleteWait a minute. What are you talking about? I didn't give away the story! I explained what it's about. What do you mean there are "so many" open ended questions? There are only THREE! I am not even going to explain the retell part, I used an accursed example from real like for heaven's sake. The whole point of this blog was to be the best that it could! I can't "expand" on it! What do you want me to do, rot my brain out thinking about it?
ReplyDeleteBy the way, that would be life.
ReplyDelete