Okay, I'm reading Nightwhispers by Erin Hunter.
If you've noticed before, I have been talking about nothing but secrets. But, when I was reading it today, I had found something else. Another theme.
I'm sure, many of you are familiar with the typical story line, that someone (not matter what species or being that would be) wants to stay with someone else "forever". And there is usually some obstacle that prevents them from "being together", usually some tradition, or a want of parents or something.
So that got me thinking. Does a....being, or living thing have the right to break tradition to stay with someone, because they "love" each other (Of course we know that all love eventually withers and dies, whether mentally or physically)?
Most people would say, "Yes of course!" But really? Think about it.
Let's first define tradition. Dictionary.com says: "a long-established or inherited way of thinking or acting". Did you catch that? A long established way of thinking. So that means, these guys have been doing this a long time. So because someone wants something, does that mean that they have the right to break it? Even though the ones before them have never done it before?
Maybe so. Maybe some people are tired of the tradition, or they think that it's illogical and outdated.That makes it right, in their mind, because people can never, individually do the wrong thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment